UGLY DUCKLING GEL POLISH
The best of the best! When applied properly, you'll have no running, shrinking, or peeling.These next generation gel polishes are so pigmented, there is no waste - a little goes a long way! Goes on like a polish - no need to freeze cure (in fact, we don't recommend it).
For best results, we recommend curing in our Ugly Duckling Gel lamp for 30 - 60 seconds. Always better to over cure than under cure!
Also fabulous for gel art. We just can't say enough about it!
Our gel polish is 100% gel with pigment. Does not contain any polish. Great adhesion and durability.
APPLICATION: This is what we do...
- Clean the nail plate. Push back cuticle with our Ugly Duckling Cuticle Tool.
- Etch the nail plate with our Ugly Duckling Medium Zebra File. If you prefer to use a buffer, our Ugly Duckling Coarse Buffer will work fine, as long as it is new and not worn. If you prefer an e-file, a medium arbor band works great!
- Remove all dust (dust is the enemy!) Do not use a cleanser. Cleansers contain oil. If you feel you need an extra clean, we recommend 50-70% alcohol.
- Apply Ugly Duckling Prep to all 10 fingers.
- Apply Ugly Duckling Primer to all 10 fingers.
- Apply 1 coat of our Natural Base gel and cure. Be sure to wrap the edges.
- Apply gel polish directly over the tacky layer. Apply sparingly. Wipe one side of the polish brush completely, and 1/3 – ½ the other side of the brush. Stroke evenly on the nail, making sure to wrap the edges of the nail. Apply 4 fingers and cure. Repeat on second hand. Apply both thumbs and cure. Just be sure that each coat has a full cure. "Freeze" curing may cause the product to wrinkle.
- Apply two or three coats until desired coverage is achieved.
- Top with your choice of Ugly Duckling Gel Topcoat - No Wipe (tackless), or UV Matte Topcoat and cure.
- Allow the fully cured Topcoat to cool before removing tacky layer if necessary. If you remove it too soon, you run the risk of it dulling.
- Remove tacky layer with our Ugly Duckling Gel Cleanser.
Acrylic or Hard Gel Nails:
- Apply gel polish directly over dust free enhancement. Remove all dust (dust is the enemy!) Do not use a cleanser. Cleansers contain oil. Do not use alcohol, as it will soften the grooves and create too smooth a surface for maximum adhesion.
- Finish your enhancement with our Ugly Duckling Medium Zebra file, or if you prefer an e-file, the medium arbor band.
- We do not use the Prep, Primer or Basecoat over enhancements Just go directly to polish application and follow steps 7 - 10 above.
We prefer to remove by filing. Hand file or e-file, whatever you are comfortable with.
If you prefer to soak, here are some general instructions:
- Prepare the fingers by covering surrounding skin and cuticles in Vaseline.
- Use a cotton pad saturated in acetone, and wrap with tin foil. Using our 2 in 1 Base/Top on natural nails without our primer removal takes about 5 minutes. 8 minutes with our primer.
- After soaking, our gel polish removes beautifully just with a cuticle stick.
Please feel free to contact us for more information and product support.
Your success is our reward!